livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] CORN FARMS REPLACE NEW YORK LOFTS AS HOTTESTPROPERTY

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Barbara Fischer" <cen12205@centurytel.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] CORN FARMS REPLACE NEW YORK LOFTS AS HOTTESTPROPERTY
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:59:20 -0600

I can't say that I agree with many of you.  I do own one of those farms in central Illinois that grow corn and soybeans.  We have been doing that for 150 years.  I don't see things have changed much.  Land prices are higher and the houses from the city are enqoaching, but not yet near me.  Most of ouir produce goes to companies who grow food products.  Biggest change is we have gone to no-till.

Barbara