livingontheland - [Livingontheland] broadcast legumes

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Laurie Ann Powell <laurie@powellclan.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] broadcast legumes
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 13:34:18 -0600

Paul,
We broadcast mung beans and austrian field peas with excellent results, mung in the summer, peas in the fall. The following spring we had nice, friable soil in that area.  I recently Brix tested the turnip that grew in the area, and it tested "high" for sugars and mineral content.  Progress!

Laurie Ann

  • [Livingontheland] broadcast legumes, Laurie Ann Powell, 02/18/2007