livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Poultry butchering info (was Re: composting chickens)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <huboxwood@earthlink.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Poultry butchering info (was Re: composting chickens)
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 14:22:51 -0500

We also haven't learned to butcher our own [chickens]
yet (but we will by this summer) ~Joanna

To Joanna and others who want to butcher their own birds but haven't tried it yet, may I offer my updated article on the subject at
http://www.themodernhomestead.us/article/Butchering-Ready.html

Your best learning option is of course to work with someone who's experienced. In lieu of that better option, I think the article is about as good a guide as you'll find. (And, with the recent update, it now has 3 doz illustrative pix.)

Please use and, if you find it useful, pass on the url.

Harvey in northern VA
http://www.themodernhomestead.us/article/Home.html

  • [Livingontheland] Poultry butchering info (was Re: composting chickens), Harvey Ussery, 02/17/2007