livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Backyard Wind Turbines Get Affordable

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Backyard Wind Turbines Get Affordable
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 05:37:07 -0800 (PST)

Mark, Many of us live where the wind is 10 MPH.  I grew up here.  What a slam against us.  No, I am only kidding.  I taught a workshop in Port Orchard WA one year ago this month.  I admit my trip on the ferry to the airport was breath-taking for a guy from the windy plains of West TX.

Ken Hargesheimer

Mark Nagel <activism98201@verizon.net> wrote:
"wind speeds above 10 miles per hour"  I know that some areas have winds that approach (or even exceed) this speed as an AVERAGE, but it's no place that I'd really like to live: stuff is always blowing all over the place.

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA

From: TradingPostPaul

Sustainability News: Backyard Wind Turbines Get Affordable