livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] double dug beds

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] double dug beds
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 10:31:29 -0700

We allowed this because it's much more informative than a bare commercial,
and because hand tools are more energy efficient than tillers and tractors,
with far lower embodied energy (and expense), and not dependent on
uncertain fuel supplies. One of Greg's links is
the Giannangelos at http://www.avant-gardening.com/ . We visited those
folks a while back in nw NM and what they've done illustrates methods in
another of Greg's links http://www.iirr.org/saem/page134-137.htm and also
the general approach we're using ourselves.