livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Q. What is Sustainable agriculture?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Carrie Shepard <carrieshepard@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Q. What is Sustainable agriculture?
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 13:09:11 -0800 (PST)

paul,

Perhaps you'd like to define your ideas of sustainable agriculture and then compare those with what the UN's Agenda 21 are?

It certainly opened my eyes to have someone ask me this question.  I'm all for good stewardship and health of the land and animals, but I'm NOT going to be an advocate for the kit and caboodle the UN is trying to push on everyone (like population control and stealing property away from individuals), thus I am not using the word sustainability if I can avoid it.

Carrie
Something I'd like help with is tools for planning the garden for continuous harvesting?   I do fine at initial plantings, but NOT so well at staggering plantings and getting seeds started to plug into the garden when a crop is ready to be harvested.

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.