livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Winter and Spring Vegetables

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: charlotte plummer <lovedavid2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Winter and Spring Vegetables
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:19:29 -0800 (PST)

Hi Ernest,
      What zone are you? I am in Connecticut I believe I am zone 5.  At what temp outside is it before put the heat inside  in the greenhouse?  What do you use for heat and how hot do you get it?  I am new at this greenhouse business.  Right  now it has been so warm I am still able to grow lettuce without added heat.  Charlotte

Ernest Kuntze <osmogaia2@earthlink.net> wrote:
in Oregons willamette valley i grow 2 kinds of spinach, 5 kinds of
kale , swiss chard, 3 kinds of collards,salad mix , mustard, bok
choi, tai soi,3 kinds of cabbage, 3 kinds of china cabbage,turnips, 2
kind of beets, garlic 6 kinds, leeks onions, lettuce 8 kinds,brussels
sprouts, orach, i grow all these from sep. till june i do a all year
market. i start in a green house on heat and transplant out side to
raised beds every week.
i use soil blocks, does any one know were to get a used soil block
machine, a demtec?
ernest