livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] winter and spring veggies?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Gloria Baikauskas <gcb49@flash.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] winter and spring veggies?
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:49:17 -0800 (PST)

I suppose that probably depends on where one lives, Paul.  I leave garlic and onions in the ground all year round until I need them here in Texas.  I also leave carrots in the ground fairly often until I need them...but not through the summer.

If I miss some garlic, or onions they simply begin growing anew when the weather is right.  In summer they mostly show no growth above the ground because it is too hot.

Gloria, Texas