livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Rabbit manure & Cuban farming

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Rabbit manure & Cuban farming
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 13:34:00 -0700 (PDT)

Rabbit manure is perfect.  I have used it as a top dressing for lawns and beds.  I consider it a N fertilizer more than organic matter [it is] because the soil needs more OM than that.  Much more.  Several inches more.

On another listserv a member got a video of Cuban organic farming by David Suzuki shown on Canada TV.  It was two programs.  To go from TV to video to DVD hurts quality a little but still nice.  You get a little extra as the man recording it fell asleep!  If anyone is interested in the DVD of these, mail $3 to:  Minifarms, Box 1901, Lubbock TX 79408-1901.  That is for USA, MX and Canada. Other countries, $4.  I will mail it right out.

Ken Hargesheimer

  • [Livingontheland] Rabbit manure & Cuban farming, Ken Hargesheimer, 10/22/2006