livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Livingontheland Digest, Vol 59, Issue 6

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Wayne" <wa2yne@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Livingontheland Digest, Vol 59, Issue 6
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 21:53:01 -0500

Near where I was living, there was an old walnut tree that seemed to produce plenty of nuts every year.
These were what some call English Walnuts, but I think really Carpathian Walnuts.
Anyway, it may depend on the variety, as to whether or not they produce every year.
JFTR, I think this tree, like the ones being grown in the nearby orchards, was grafted on Black Walnut rootstock.
Possible this may make a difference too.
YMMV

Wayne WA2YNE
www.desert-rat.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jean French" <jwf267@yahoo.com>