livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Walnuts/was Livingontheland Digest, Vol 59, Issue 6

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Walnuts/was Livingontheland Digest, Vol 59, Issue 6
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 18:51:08 -0600

It might also be that the wildlife (squirrels,etc) have been stocking up
for a cold winter???And maybe the tree that was still full of fruit was
closer or protected in some way?? Kinda reminds me of someone on another
list who was complaining how the "foreigners" in her mixed neighborhood had
stolen all her parsley. Upon closer inspection she found that it was really
caterpillars that had eaten them all.

Barb