livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Earth Works

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Earth Works
  • Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 10:32:28 -0600

Homesick? Hmm. Here's more ...

Landscape Health for Homeowners in the Galisteo Basin new
Free Workshop Saturday, October 21, 2006. Eldorado Fire House #1, 144
Avenida Vista Grande (Santa Fe)
Discussion topics will include: soil and water conservation management
principles, establishing diverse vegetation, controlling "weeds" and
dealing with your unique landscape challenges. Register below or call
505-820-2544, Ext. 0# for more information.
http://www.quiviracoalition.org/

And yes, we could smell the roasting chiles even before we got into town,
as we drove up to the farmers market in Santa Fe last saturday. From our
little place on the Salt Mission Trail we go up 14, the fabled Turquoise
Trail, through the mountains or 41 through Galisteo. To the south of us are
the old Salinas Pueblo ruins from the early 1600s, and to the east lie the
Manzano range (Manzano - apple) and three old Spanish land grant towns and
ancient apple orchards.