livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Seed starting medium

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <huboxwood@earthlink.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Seed starting medium
  • Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 13:05:26 +0000

Have you tried making and using leafmould?
Bob Flowerdew, one of the top organic growers in the UK, says that it works well.
Pete

How does one make leafmould? I've heard of getting it from the woods (which I'm reluctant to do--the forest needs it), and I get large quantities of oak leaves from a neighbor, and I can imagine sifting the stuff at the bottom of the pile after it's sat over winter.

How does Bob F make leafmould?

Thanks.

~Harvey

--