livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Livingontheland Digest, Vol 56, Issue 5

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: chaogrrl <chaogrrl@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Livingontheland Digest, Vol 56, Issue 5
  • Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 13:29:52 -0700 (PDT)

> Question - is anyone growing and using Jerusalem
> Artichokes (also called
> sunchokes)? We had the red variety all ready, but with
> our relocating this
> year we missed getting them planted.
> http://www.users.on.net/~arachne/jerusart.html
>

> paul tradingpost@lobo.net

I've got a nice patch thats new this year. Have only tasted
a few last year from the batch I got for planting. Am
anxious to give them a good try.

I'm also going to try feeding a few to the pigs. If they
like them I'm going to plant an area that I'll fence in and
let them dig themselves next year.

Laura in Wisconsin