livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Calling All Farmers, Gardeners, and Wannabees, in the Cosby, Tn. Area.

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Unca Ray <UncaRay@allvantage.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Calling All Farmers, Gardeners, and Wannabees, in the Cosby, Tn. Area.
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 18:47:09 -0400

Frustrated by the lack of Direct Marketing Outlets
in Eastern Tennessee?

Calling All Farmers, Gardeners, and Wannabees in
the area of Cosby Tennessee who are interested in
direct marketing farm crafts, produce and animal
products to the Consumer.

Send your name and contact information to me at
Contact@smokytopia.com

When we have a list of between 50 and 100 growers
there are several local 501(C)(3)s, {Non-profit
organizations) interested in seeking grants, and
offering land, to create a Cosby Farmer's Market.

Or, alternatively, we can form a growers
Association and direct market to local produce
stands, restaurants, and individual households.

Public demands for Locally produced and Organic
foods is big and promises to become a major
market. (Google "The Local Foods Movement" and
"Organic Marketing" for more info.)

This offer is NOT restricted to Organically grown
produce. If you produce food and want to sell
locally, your in.

Add a list of what you have to sell, how you can
be reached by potential buyers, and specify if you
would like a free listing on the website of the
Smoky Mountains Organic Gardening Club,
Smokytopia.com (Open to all local growers. NOT
restricted to organics!)

Join us on Cosby_Help_Community@yahoogroups.com to
discuss and share knowledge about growing for
market in the area of Sevier and Cocke Counties in
Eastern Tennessee.

Sincerely;
UncaRay
Smokytopia.com