livingontheland - [Livingontheland] nut grass

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] nut grass
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 12:15:57 -0700 (PDT)

Buzz,

I been in west TX, this time, since 1975, and never seen nutgrass before until about 8 years ago.  It appeared in our front yard.  I was told the sure way to kill it is to get you some hogs.

I killed it out by pulling off every leaf as it appeared each day or so.  Starved the roots.  By the end of the second summer, it was all gone. No more problem.
Ken Hargesheimer