livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Strong language gardening/ Fresh-Market

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: pete <pete.rout@virgin.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Strong language gardening/ Fresh-Market
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 18:09:19 +0100

Talking to plants works because you are breathing carbon dioxide over them.
Pete

As an aside, the value of which I leave up to you, I happened to watch an episode of Mythbusters that covered this #23

http://kwc.org/mythbusters/2004/11/mythbusters_exploding_house_ne.html

While this myth needs revisiting since their timer blew in the middle of it, still it is worth noting that recorded cussing, or talking nice didn't make that much difference, however classical music really helped and (drum roll) heavy metal worked best on the plants and silence performed worst.  Just so ya know that you are living with a buncha secret metal heads when you go out to that garden.

Now, I think that if the cussing had been done in person, the plants would have done much better, since they would have survived to the end of the test.  Personal attention is critical in both cussing and in praise, right?

Yours, Pego