livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Cover crops and no-till weed control

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Cover crops and no-till weed control
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 08:53:54 -0600

Choosing cover crops for no-till organic soybeans
The more biomass the better for weed suppression—but you do have to be
able to plant through the stuff
http://www.newfarm.org/depts/weeds/features/1005/weeds_dw.shtml

also it states:
The New Farm has launched an Integrated Weed Management page, where we'll
be collecting online resources related to ecological weed management, and a
Weed Management discussion forum where our readers can share questions and
answers about practical strategies for better weed control on their farms
at http://www.newfarm.org/forums/index.php?c=7 .

Of course there's no law saying we have to grow huge fields monocropped in
the first place. Weeds are much more manageable in the small market or home
garden.

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

  • [Livingontheland] Cover crops and no-till weed control, TradingPostPaul, 08/17/2006