livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] power tools & bought inputs/ Wheat isthe newoil

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Art Corbit" <art_c@cox.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] power tools & bought inputs/ Wheat isthe newoil
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:51:03 -0500

Hi Harvey,

We can also grow a lot of the greens in an un-heated hot house but most
other things don't grow good if the temp is very low. Just 50 degree nights
can slow the growth on most food plants. You need to keep the night time
temp up about 70 for most things to do much good. 100 degrees with a high
humidity is the ideal growing temp.