livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Mama Hens

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TamesonOB" <tamesonob@metrocast.net>
  • To: <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Mama Hens
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:59:16 -0400

Nobody knows how to raise a baby better than a Mama - Good for you Harvey to realize that. Which varieties have you had the best experience with "adoption"? I'd like to get myself a good old Mama hen to raise some babies, but I don't really want to limit myself to a single breed so I thought if I snuck in other eggs she might raise the others too, but I don't want a smart or a bigoted chicken that would recognize the difference if you know what I mean.

Tameson - a Mama Hen herself - currently nursing #3