livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] rabbit problem?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "BirdWalk" <birdwalk@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "'Healthy soil and sustainable growing'" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] rabbit problem?
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:39:00 -0500

Plenty of pasture with clover all around garden. Pasture is over grown but
area within 50 feet of garden is mowed. I gave up on my sheep after the
neighbors pitbulls killed 59 of them.

Bought chicken fence and blood meal today to install by the weekend.

If that doesn't fix the nibblers ....

Deer are abundant - if they like melon leave I am done for.

Have live traps set out in case the tomato eater is a raccoon or skunk as
some beast has eaten them just as they ripen before I can pick them

The squash is doing awesomely however with no damage.

Any input on how to grow eggplant? My plants are all of 8 inches tall not
much more than when I set them out.