livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Vol 50, Issue 3, message 17

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Vol 50, Issue 3, message 17
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:18:09 -0700 (PDT)

I want to express my vote for the following.  Ken Hargesheimer

Message: 17
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:51:01 -0600
From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
Subject: [Livingontheland] List subject areas
To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Let me remind everyone, Living On The Land is not about nutrition in
general, sustainable living in general, selling stuff, or a whole lot
of other things. It's limited but within the subject there's a world of
things to discuss. This is our list description:

Intensive, organic soil building is basic to growing much more in less
space with better nutrition, more profitable growing through less
bought inputs, less need for water, fewer losses from pests and disease, and less vulnerability to fossil fuel problems now or in the future. What ways this can best be pursued in different soils and climates leaves a lot of room for discussion. We deal with the widespread problems of loss of soil minerals, humus, nutritional content of produce, and loss of topsoil itself, as well as the cost-price squeeze faced by real organic  growers, the shrinking supply of affordable land for growing and irrigation water, and the need to increase the supply of nutritious food while making  healthy
food more affordable in general. Our generation can not continue to
plunder the soil capital of future generations.

We include sustainable food growing from home garden to market garden, fruits, nuts, berries, fungi, and vegetables, in addition to food animals.

Go to: http://bibledvd.googlepages.com/home and www.nabuur.com

Do you Yahoo!?

  • Re: [Livingontheland] Vol 50, Issue 3, message 17, Ken Hargesheimer, 07/19/2006