livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] preparation / was commune way of living

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "art corbit" <art_c@cox.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] preparation / was commune way of living
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:16:31 -0500

Hi Paul,

You are exactly correct. In the 30's a lot of people were still producing
most of what they consumed and most had enough extra to share it with
others. Just the difference in population in the 30's and now will make all
the difference. If our food supply is cut off for any length of time the
whole nation will go absolutely crazy.

For one thing the people in the 30's has a lot more security for they
depended more on their own efforts. Most of what they had they and they
alone controlled if they would have it or not. They didn't panic when
everything fell apart. They just tightened their belts and rode it out. That
would not be the case now. We don't have anything to ride it out with.

I have no idea what will actually happen but something will and you can bet
your sweet bippy on that. There are a number of things that could happen
that would bring the production of everything in this nation to a screeching
halt. Run-away-inflation is always a possibility. A wrong move by the wrong
people at the wrong could put everything into a tailspin like you wouldn't
believe. Raising the price on fuel is one of those wrong moves. Price
increases of everything caused by the increase in higher fuel prices has
just started and will continue. That one stupid act alone can very easily
start a domino effect that will bring a lot of things down right around our
ears.

I am hoping it will come on slow as you suggest but it may not.

Art in Arkansas