livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Alternatives

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Michael Kaer <michaelkaer@yahoo.ca>
  • To: Livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Alternatives
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 14:09:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi folks.
I have heard there are no viable alternative fuels besides oil. I take that to mean there is nothing we have on tap that would allow us to waste and abuse the environment like we do now. I also hear corn or soy or switch grass or garbage as possible replacement fuel sources. I never hear Hemp mentioned as one of the alternative plants. I do not think we should keep up the pace we are moving at even if we could. Hemp will be a viable alternative since the plant gives both food and fuel with very little inputs and grows even in poor soil. We must slow down if we want to lessen the blow when it comes, not if it comes, when. If we do not slow down, a crash is the only option left.I have also heard some people are setting up 99% of the world for a fall, so they can profit from it. World wide depression makes everyone losers. We must go back to old ways of doing things and add a mix of what we have learned to do them better. We will not sustain our economy and our society. We simply can not. Deal with it, get over it and move on to setting up a plan where the most amount of people get to live in  the most comfort. Obviously the comfort level in the future will be something simple as having enough to eat and a dry, warm place to sleep in some security. In order to do this we must all learn how to grow food and process food and rebuild shelter that works.
 Some people are saying "Buy Gold". I say "What good will that do, you can't eat gold!"  What you should be buying is as much food as you can then all the hand tools you can then ways to generate electricity off grid. Those are the priorities.  Get to it.

 Michael J. Kaer in Canada
author of "What Money Can't Buy"

All new Yahoo! Mail

  • [Livingontheland] Alternatives, Michael Kaer, 07/14/2006