livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] No-Till and being a closed loop farmer

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] No-Till and being a closed loop farmer
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 22:19:10 -0600

He can reply for himself, but as a side note let me reiterate that "just no
till" is a misnomer. No-till involves a range of intelligent growing and
mechanical practices. It is never meant to imply just not tilling. That's
an interesting source, http://managingwholes.com/new-topsoil.htm .

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net
The outstanding scientific discovery of the twentieth century is not
television, or radio, but rather the complexity of the land organism. Only
those who know the most about it can appreciate how little we know about
it.
- Aldo Leopold in Round River, 1933