livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Mycorrhizae - natural techniques for increasing?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Mycorrhizae - natural techniques for increasing?
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 00:32:04 -0600

I'm told most plants develop myccorrhyzal associations naturally, legumes
especially. I'd assume given the healthiest soil with a high level of
decomposed organic matter and good root mass of growing plants like rye
etc., it'll form by itself and help form more humus.

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net
The outstanding scientific discovery of the twentieth century is not
television, or radio, but rather the complexity of the land organism. Only
those who know the most about it can appreciate how little we know about
it.
- Aldo Leopold in Round River, 1933