livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] the myth of America feeding the world/wasCompost tea and bugs in a jug

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Ryan Albinger" <ryalbinger@earthlink.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] the myth of America feeding the world/wasCompost tea and bugs in a jug
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 18:38:56 -0500

Why do we need use of marginal land? Make it better and it will become
more useful. 1 acre of poor land recieves similar amount of solar energy
as does 1 acre of good land. Make more use of the free energy. Browsing
cattle over vast areas is just the cheapest way to pay on poor land, sure
can't run equipment over it.
Take a look at Holistic Resource Management and you will see successful
methods to tend fragile land and ecosystems and prevent desertification.
Primarily managed grazing based.
Ryan