livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Quivera Coalition

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Quivera Coalition
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:53:40 -0600

On a positive note, Quivera Coalition has a page Sharing Common-Sense
Solutions to the Rangeland Conflict, at
http://www.quiviracoalition.org/documents/newsletter14.html . Their program
strikes me as eminently sensible. To me it means better stewardship of
grazing land - esp riparian areas, and leaving the more fragile ecosystems
alone. And raising a lot less cattle for the eventual feedlot than is
currently practiced.

They're headquartered about 45 minutes from us,
1413 Second Street, Suite 1
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
Tel.: 505.820.2544 Fax.: 505.955.8922

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net
The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all
our most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to
foster its renewal is our only hope.
- Wendell Berry

  • [Livingontheland] Quivera Coalition, TradingPostPaul, 06/15/2006