livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Organic delusions

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Unca Ray <UncaRay@allvantage.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Organic delusions
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 17:49:49 -0400

Looking at the built in dilution of organic
standards all ready in hand I have little doubt
that Walmart will, in collusion with the
Government dilute those standards further, until
the product they sell as organic will bear little
resemblance to what you and I refer to as organic.

On the other hand I don't think they can do it,
for the simple reason that Peak Oil will make
factory farming and constant long distance
deliveries of stock too expensive. Among the
advantages of organic agriculture is the fact that
it requires little petroleum input, and lends
itself well to localization.

So I won't be buying anything "Organic" from
Walmart anytime soon.

UncaRay