livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Molasses - Sweet & Super?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Soilsecrets@aol.com
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Molasses - Sweet & Super?
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 17:21:12 EDT

In a message dated 6/9/2006 12:27:02 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, tradingpost@riseup.net writes:
Garden-Ville Fire
Ant Control
Molasses and Compost tea or the two combined are hot items of conversation in Texas.  But again, when we put real scientific methodology to the test with Molasses, we don't get the results that are claimed.  Like many efforts made by sustainable and organic growers, using a product may give anecdotal evidence of success but often times it's the combination of all the good things that the grower is doing, and not just the single item.  They got lucky!

In many states, products like the Garden-Ville Fire Ant Control cannot be sold as that falls under a pesticide claim and the product would need to have data presented to substantiate the claim.  Many companies try, but cannot get the products registered.

Again, if we are going to manufacture products and make claims of the benefit, we in the organic green industry need to behave in a responsible  and ethical manner by demonstrating efficacy of these products, because most of the time there is no efficacy.

Dr. Michael