livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] another one to add to the pile (so to speak)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "D Knoll" <homeschool@iontreasures.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] another one to add to the pile (so to speak)
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 09:53:54 -0400

Hey, you're not the same John Smith who used to work at Busch Gardens, are you? :) I know it's a long shot, as there are many John Smiths!

All my guys would happily take a whiz wherever they could. I actually would prefer it to be outside, because their bathroom gets rather stinky as everything starts splattering around (the 2 boys aren't too precise!). I think I may start using a pot in their bathroom and dumping it at the appropriate times discussed in the article, or even dumping it on the compost perhaps. Ironically, it will probably be my husband who thinks it's icky.

Ideally, I'd like to set up a private sheltered place outdoors, because it truly seems healthier to keep our biological waste outside in the first place, rather than expelling it inside and wasting a lot of water to move it to the outside or clean up the residues.

Thanks for comments!
Diane

Zone 9A, a few miles east of the Gulf of Mexico