livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] speaking of sheep/

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Col. M. K. Megibben" <cmegibben@peoplepc.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] speaking of sheep/
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 10:52:21 -0400 (EDT)

Well after trying to shear sheep for the first time years ago and being
dragged by a lamb across the pasture (I held on and won that attempt of
escape) I hired an Amish friend.And sold him my herd the next year.
After moveing to Oklahoma and researching sheep breeds,I bought and started
raising Barbados sheep, they are self shedding and are a great meat producer
without that strong mutton taste. They also do better in the harsh southwest
climate.
Sheep