livingontheland - [Livingontheland] gluten and proteins Vol. 42/2

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] gluten and proteins Vol. 42/2
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 12:20:14 -0700 (PDT)

I have never read that soybean meal will stop the weeds.  I want to see proof.  The layers of newspaper will.  Corn gluten meal is an organic herbicide but not soybean meal.  It is a N fertilizer just like cottonseed meal for which I pay $15 per 100 pounds.

When proteins are discussed concerning improving soil, are you not talking about it suppling N?

Ken Hargesheimer

Go to: http://bibledvd.googlepages.com/home and www.nabuur.com