livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] how much is your labor worth.

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Amanda Peck" <ap615@hotmail.com>
  • To: Livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] how much is your labor worth.
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 19:46:05 -0500

that's less of an issue than people have been thinking.

It's not just "dollars to grow" vs "dollars to buy" at the store.

Transportation--both actual costs and infrastructure "improvements" and maintenance need to be factored in as well.

And Michael Pollan makes a point of saying that the big guys are not changing their spots--still giant monoculture fields of the same kind of potato. If there are things that can be put on fields and plants the way "conventional" whatever-cides can be, they'll do that, it's what they know. Nobody has showed them how to do large-scale organic farming.

(hip replacements, weird pains in the arms etc.? take a look at a book called Pain Free by a man named Pete Egoscue. His exercises work for me--when I remember to do them.)

  • Re: [Livingontheland] how much is your labor worth., Amanda Peck, 05/11/2006