livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Raw milk bill in Ohio (OT?)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "J Bailey" <jbmail@isomedia.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Raw milk bill in Ohio (OT?)
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 07:28:30 -0700

Luckily, in WA state, we can buy raw milk. The sate website says they are getting ever more applicants to sell, and the more interest there is, the more they plan to facilitate getting people what they want. We have a dairy right down the road that sells Guernsey cow milk and Saanen goat milk, fresh from the morning's milking. Last time we went to buy some, we got "hijacked" into helping some baby goats be born.

The milk costs $3.99 a quart, but they easily sell out, both in Seattle (the nearest big city) and locally in Whatcom county. There is nothing remotely close to the loveliness of raw cow's milk, and it's worth every effort to get it legalized in your area.

--Joanna of Seven Trees