livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Organic Food Goes Mass Market

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "D Knoll" <homeschool@iontreasures.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Organic Food Goes Mass Market
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 13:01:16 -0400

Most of the general public won't look at it the way I do, but I don't really
trust the big corporations (although I have to some degree in the past, but
I'm fortunately deprogramming well). Yes, you can slap on an organic label
if you jump through the USDA hoops (which aren't likely much of a hoop for
the big guys), but they still can add many of the same addictive and
dangerous ingredients along with the "organic" corn (maybe it's from the
same vat as the other stuff, maybe it's GMO, who knows).

Diane
Zone 9A, a few miles east of the Gulf of Mexico

>article is the big outfits are starting to sell "organic" at lower prices
than people are used to paying for organic - and putting >their brands on
it. And to the public, organic is organic, and most of us will save where we
can - right?. That does not bode >well for the little guy still trying to
charge a premium.