livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] more on soil organisms/personal experience

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Jeanne Driese <jeanne@xtn.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] more on soil organisms/personal experience
  • Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 12:05:25 -0400

Paul asked
Is that class on soil that you're doing?

Yep, even though it is going to be called Organic Gardening. Since I live in an area that has been basically ALL Burley tobacco and most of the soil is basically dead, I will spend time explaining how many "critters" are in healthy soil. People are always amazed that the soil is alive. Most think that we have to add things or it wont grow "stuff". It seem that most folks have no idea that once your soil is healthy all you have to add is compost and rotate crops. They are so used to adding chemicals over and over for years on end. Jeanne
zone 6 North East TN