livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] more on soil organisms/personal experience

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] more on soil organisms/personal experience
  • Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 09:18:02 -0600

Is that class on soil that you're doing? Thank *you* for the heads up on the
company. I knew nothing about it except what I saw on their page. Healthy
soil is also my passion and the theme of Soilmakers which we combined into
Living On The Land. From all I've seen the soil itself is the starting point
for pest and disease control (and everything else). Now if it would only
control gophers ;-)

Someone said, we owe our existence on earth to a thin layer of topsoil and
the fact that it rains ...

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net
The outstanding scientific discovery of the twentieth century is not
television, or radio, but rather the complexity of the land organism. Only
those who know the most about it can appreciate how little we know about it.
- Aldo Leopold in Round River, 1933