livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] raw milk in New England

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: ljo <ljo@midmaine.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] raw milk in New England
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 10:27:53 -0500

Our frost dates are: Last 4/29, First 9/27 on average.   I remember planting peas on St. Pat's day in Madison.   There are weird years though.   Today it is sunny and almost 40 already.  Mud season has arrived.  I keep telling the kids to not dig up the ground with the truck etc, or it will become a sink hole.  We did raise a crop of boulders over the winter though.
Leesa