livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] beekeepers?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Uriel <uriel@nasalam.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] beekeepers?
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 09:14:29 -0600

I'm a small beekeeper and ran across the info on the Lusby's work several years ago. Since following their recommendation on decreasing cell size (smaller comb is available from Dadant) I have had NO problems with varoa or other pests that have wiped out many beekeepers. All it amounts to is going back to the size bees were before breeding programs attempted to get more honey by making bigger bees. Nature always wins!
Uriel / SW Missouri

TradingPostPaul wrote:
Don't know how many beekeepers we have here (I'm not) but wanted to pass on
this source I came across
http://www.beesource.com/pov/lusby/index.htm

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net
The outstanding scientific discovery of the twentieth century is not television, or radio, but rather the complexity of the land organism. Only those who know the most about it can appreciate how little we know about it. - Aldo Leopold in Round River, 1933