livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Geothermal Heat-Cool Question

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Geothermal Heat-Cool Question
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 12:07:05 -0800 (PST)

What I have heard someone doing has been under 2
different groupings. One is the one under discussion,
to run deep tubed underground and use blowers to move
air through them to equalize the ambient temp to match
the deep ground temp, hence warmer in winter and
cooler in summer. More recently someone has looked
into actually building a deeper green house. This guy
used a lot of digging machinery, due to his locale,
but I think a similar result could be gotten through
earth-berm.

This first is the guy I always think of when I think
of this;

http://www.earthtoys.com/emagazine.php?issue_number=03.08.01&article=finch

http://www.dep.state.pa.us/growgreen/hosting/default.asp?ID=602074256

http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/publications/data/2004-03-02gsharan.pdf

This last link I only offer up for others to read and
give feed-back on. It is on the valid premise of using
related things to create a system that has
least-energy cost and highest production, however, my
brain definitely wasn't following the whole thing. I
was very interested in many of the component parts and
thought that it related At kindest guess I think that
the person writing just edited out much too much;

http://www.earth-house.com/Natural_Elements/Pit_Greenhouse/Greenhouse/Perpetual_Harvest/perpetual_harvest.html

Yours, Pego