livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Many sources for non-gmo

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@gilanet.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Many sources for non-gmo
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:56:17 -0700

Some extensive listings

http://www.gene-watch.org/programs/safeseed/sourcebook.html
http://www.non-gmosource.com/

But a loophole I see in the Safe Seed Pledge is "not knowingly". The
negative isn't as reliable as a positive statement that would say "we know
our seed is all non-gmo". Sellers could state the precautions they take to
insure their own suppliers take the needed precautions, and to ensure their
own fields can't get contaminated. What sellers use the most reliable
sources and then grow in remote areas that can't get contaminated? If this
seems too picky, consider how much of our home grown can get messed up in
ten more years by just a few gmos here and there. We've seen that
individuals and whole countries can completely reject gmos and still end up
with them in their crops and food supply. In the future, tested non-gmo
seeds may be so scarce they'll be priceless.

paul tradingpost@gilanet.com
http://largocreekfarms.com
http://medicinehill.net