labruscagrape - [OFEX] CO2 Injector

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "'Ontario Fruit Explorers'" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [OFEX] CO2 Injector
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 15:35:15 -0400

Hello All,

I was looking into data for improving the health of my aquarium plants and found something useful to those who have aquariums and fruit.

The aquarium people suggest injecting CO2 into the aquarium water for the plants.  The use a 2 liter pop bottle, air tubing, an air stone, sugar and water.

Yup, they set up a primitive carboy with the CO2 being pumped into the aquarium via the the tube and air stone.  No aquarium water can leak back to the carboy.  I suggested to them to up the carboy size to one imperial gallon and make wine while making CO2.

So for all of you who have excess fruit and aquariums keep this idea in mind.

Also, we have now entered the Wolf-Gleissberg solar minima.  It will run for about 10-15 years.  Expect wetter cooler summers, and snowier winters in that time period.

The best way to see this solar minima cycle that runs 80-120 years is look at the sunspot count.

See this image;

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/93/Sunspot_butterfly_with_graph.jpg

The last minima in the 80-120 year cycle occurred around 1912.  The honey bees died off during the period of 1904 till 1920 when they recovered.  We are now at the other end of that cycle and the bees are dying again.

Why the bees die and the 1918 Spanish flu are tied to the same root cause and the cycle will repeat, but that is a long story.  Think cyclic solar UV production (both the 11 year solar cycle and the longer 80-120 year cycle), and how UV affects this planet’s animals immune systems (vitamin D).

Epidemic Influenza and Vitamin D

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16959053

===

Changes in ultraviolet irradiance

·         Ultraviolet irradiance (EUV) varies by approximately 1.5 percent from solar maxima to minima, for 200 to 300 nm UV.[34]

·         Energy changes in the UV wavelengths involved in production and loss of ozone have atmospheric effects.

o        The 30 hPa atmospheric pressure level has changed height in phase with solar activity during the last 4 solar cycles.

o        UV irradiance increase causes higher ozone production, leading to stratospheric heating and to poleward displacements in the stratospheric and tropospheric wind systems.

·         A proxy study estimates that UV has increased by 3% since the Maunder Minimum.[citation needed]

===

…”The levels of vitamin D, vitamin E and vitamin K in pollen were assayed. Fatty material from bee-gathered pollens contain between 0.2 to 0.6 IU's of vitamin D per gram of pollen fat. The pollen fat also contained 0.32 mg per gram of vitamin E. Vitamin K has not been found in mixed pollens, although bee bread, which is fermented bee pollen, has vitamin K activity.”…

===

New Clue Found to Disappearing Honey Bees

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

…”The sick bees suffered an unusually high number of infections with viruses that attack the ribosome, the researchers from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and the U.S. Department of Agriculture reported.”…

===

Yup, we are due for another 1918 pandemic in 12 to 14 years.  It is cyclic.  We are at the 1889 point in the cycle now.

===

The 1889 pandemic, known as the Russian Flu, began in Russia and spread rapidly throughout Europe. It reached North America in December 1889 and spread to Latin America and Asia in February 1890. About 1 million people died in this pandemic."[

===

It is due to lower solar UV production, this equates to less vitamin D on earth, less vitamin D leads to more virus infections, more infections lead to more recombination and mutation, more recombination and mutation leads to more virulent strains.  Influenza is a virus.

A beautiful, cyclic open loop system.

Later,

Tom

“39. Jesus said, "The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so. As for you, be as sly as snakes and as simple as doves." "

Gospel of Thomas