labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Fig Afficiados

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "'Ontario Fruit Explorers'" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Fig Afficiados
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 11:12:28 -0400

Hi Bert,

Mine have begun to lighten slightly and are starting to sag.  I am using the same test for picking figs I use on apples.  If I lift the fig and it comes off in my hand it is ripe, otherwise it needs more time.

A bird pecked one fig and evidently decided the figs needed more time for when it reached the pink fruit it quit pecking.

Both of my figs are yours.  LSU and Ischia.

The Ischia are behind the LSI in ripening.

Later,

Tom

“Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is

 profound but because it's wrong."

 Stephen J. Crothers