labruscagrape - [OFEX] New Fruit & Vegetable Information on the OMAFRA Crops pages

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "'Ontario Fruit Explorers'" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [OFEX] New Fruit & Vegetable Information on the OMAFRA Crops pages
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:46:01 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: leslie.huffman@ontario.ca [mailto:leslie.huffman@ontario.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 4:36 PM

For Fruit Growers: Cover crops such as marigolds, pearl millet, and hot
mustards can reduce nematode populations without affecting beneficial
organisms or the environment. Read more in this Update on the effect and
extent of nematode suppression with cover crops, now online at
http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/crops/hort/news/allontario/ao0108a2.htm

For Vegetable Growers:
Did you know that the finest lateral roots only live about 2 weeks? Or that
new roots can be started or initiated within 24 hours of a change in the
soil environment. Read (or listen to) this Sound Advice on "The Hidden World
of Roots", now online at
http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/crops/updates/soundadvice/jan08r2.htm

Brought to you by your OMAFRA Crops Content Team
Check our new postings for meetings at our Crops Conferences and Meetings at
http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/crops/conferences/index.html

Visit the OMAFRA Crop Technology web page at www.ontario.ca/crops/

We're putting you in touch with the information you need!
To remove your email address from this list, reply with "REMOVE"
in subject line, or phone the Agriculture Information Contact Centre
Toll Free: 1-877-424-1300 / Local: (519) 826-4047 and ask to be removed.

Leslie Huffman, List Moderator.