labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] If you are wondering

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: John Barbowski <jbarbowski@hotmail.com>
  • To: Ontario Fruit Explorers <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] If you are wondering
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 16:43:45 +0000

Hi T et al,

I have also read that the rise in CO2 was in response to a rising temp - not the reverse. There are so many theories in todays media, you must drastically filter through all the chaff.

I have always felt we are quite presumptuous to think that this lowly species called homo sapiens has such a drastic effect that it overwhelmingly supercedes the driving force of our solar system - namely, the sun. That we have some effect goes without saying, but to the extent that the radicals and the media would have us believe stretches my imagination - as does the granting of a world prize to someone who distorts facts to suit his own agenda - read AG.

Finally, strange year for my Ida Red; it just finished producing several whirls of blossoms with some apple development! It could have been in response to my early Aug pruning, or maybe to the sudden influx of moisture with some Sept rains. No blossoms on any of the others. Figs still going well and actually ripening. Moved them into my greenhouse in early Sept (tree rats and raccoons were finally noticing them). My partners fig in the city has lost 90% of its leaves a month ago and is starting dormancy. Have a bad case of white fly infesting my cukes in the GH.

Good Harvesting!

jmb

So if CO2 is bringing up the temperature of Earth it may mitigate what temperature we will lose come 2040.

Express yourself with free Messenger emoticons. Get them today!