labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Frontenac Gris?

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "'Ontario Fruit Explorers'" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Frontenac Gris?
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 15:22:10 -0400

Hi Bert,

I am a novice at adjusting acidity in wine.  Matter of fact, I stink at it.  I know it can be done, but I am looking for the lazy man’s way out (grow less acidic grapes).  Ha, ha, ha.

I will be patient and wait for Frontenac Gris to emerge.

I just opened up my grape canopies today.  They grew like jungle weeds this year.  I wanted more sunlight hitting the bunches, and to make it less of a mess (weedy eyesore) in my backyard.

Also trimmed back my Baskatong espaliered crabapple as it was growing into the walkway.

Later.

Tom