labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] FW: Fig Question

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "'Ontario Fruit Explorers'" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] FW: Fig Question
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 16:23:14 -0400

Hi Bert,

The only thing I did was to pot them up, and feed haphazardly with 4-4-4 general fertilizer (organic no-burn).  Whenever I thought of it, I would scratch some 4-4-4 into the soil.

I also inoculated them with myco fungi.  I inoculate everything with whatever myco fungi I happen to have on hand (vegetable garden or tree and shrub).

I buy it from Zehrs on clearance when they close their garden centers in early July.

If you say “”Clearance” with a snooty voice it sounds like an expensive brand name.  I always shop the “Klair Ance” rack whenever possible.  She’s the best.

Do I do anything special or differently with the fig which has brebas?

Thanks,

Tom