labruscagrape - [OFEX] Figs

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "OFEX" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [OFEX] Figs
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 08:26:56 -0400

Hello All,

There has been no change in my figs that froze during the January cold spell, but I do not think they are dead.  Both have 8” suckers at the soil line from last season and they are bright green.  The 3’ fig whip of last season is giving no indications yet where it is alive or dead.

Currently the figs and some grape cuttings (in sand) are all that are left in my garage.  Everything else was beginning to push leaves, so out they went, beside the house.

This usually happens at this time of year and just getting them close to a masonry wall is enough to protect them.

Those in Mississauga must be seeing some green for the city is always warmer.

Later,