labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Fig

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "bert dunn" <helbert@idirect.com>
  • To: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • Cc: labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Fig
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 10:00:04 -0500

Morning Tom
I sure hope not. If they are not taking up space you need, suggest you just leave them there. The weather forecasters (if you believe those folk) do not forecast more severe weather & no further harm will be done if indeed they are still alive. If in April they appear toes up, get your cutters, and gradually start at outside limbs, take 1/2" cuts 'til  you hit green.
If no green, let me know what variety you lost & I'll root more for you.
Consider next winter placing fig (if not too heavy) in your cold cellar under your verandah
Cheers                 Bert

Bert Dunn  Box 352 Schomberg    LOG1T0     1-905-880-4453